Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cool weather crochet

What with the cooling weather, I've been working on crochet the past few days. I don't have any big project I want to push to complete right now - lots of ideas percolating, mostly about small felting projects, but nothing lighting a big fire - so I'm plugging away on a couple of works-in-progress.

I have an afghan I've been poking along with off and on for most of a year in a nice set of muted colors in my favorite acrylic. I do prefer wool, but acrylic is just more practical for afghans.

Here's a view in progress - and also a link to my notes on Ravelry. Now that it's pulling together, it reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream. Which wasn't quite what I was going for, but oh, well. I like it anyway.

I'd like to get it finished and move on at this point. I have a lot of wool stashed in various lovely colorways and have been wanting to felt them. I had some ideas about a felted sculpture, but I don't have any of the colors I wanted for that, so in the meantime I might as well felty up some other little things. Gifting time is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment